Wednesday 30 January 2013

The beginning of the second term

The new year has begun and it is already the second term at Aston University. For research students it is slightly different as we don't have exams so our work is continuous and we also allocate some time to our research during holidays. However, the end of the year is very fast approaching and if everything goes how it was initially planned I am expected to write up and submit my PhD thesis at the end of September meaning that there are a few months left and a lot of work still needs to be done.

This will of course require a lot of independent work and being able to organise yourself as apart from concentrating on PhD work there are also a lot of other commitments and work. I expect this term to be quite challenging as I will have to allocate a lot of time to writing up my analysis chapters for my thesis and balance it with my teaching work.

All students are getting quite busy at the moment as it is the beginning of a new term for undergraduate and master's students and research students carry on with their projects. So I wish everyone had a very productive term in terms of their work and achievements!

No comments:

Post a Comment