Sunday 30 December 2012

Teaching and Learning Course


As part of our teaching experience PhD students have an opportunity to complete Teaching and Learning Course which helps us to develop our professional skills as teachers.

The course involved 8 sessions which took place weekly during which we discussed teaching process and shared own experience with each other. I was quite lucky that this course started at the same time as my first teaching experience at university therefore that enabled me to develop my own teaching style based on theory and practice.

At the end of this course we were required to complete a portfolio which helped us to reflect on our personal growth as teachers during this period of time as well as write some theoretical essays showing our understanding of teaching practice from theoretical point of view.

This course was extremely beneficial for me. The taught part of this course as well as independent work on portfolio have greatly supported and guided me to improve my teaching style.



No comments:

Post a Comment