Wednesday 31 October 2012

Teaching Experience

Most PhD students have an opportunity to get involved in teaching undergraduate students. This year I am conducting tutorials for second and third year students for Making Managerial Decisions module at Aston Business School.

I was teaching the same module last year and it was a new experience for me. Even though I was well prepared for that, I still found it a bit challenging. However, this year as I already know what is expected from me and what I can expect from students, I find it more enjoyable.

In my opinion teaching is an extremely valuable experience. I have students coming from different countries and backgrounds therefore it makes teaching process very interesting. Being an undergraduate student not that long time ago myself I try to be as supportive as possible. The best reward for such work of course is when students deliver good results which shows that your work as a teacher and their effort were really worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment